Wednesday 25 September 2019

Live Amazed - A Season of Celebration


I don’t know what I expected. But I don’t think it was this.

It’s a bit surreal. I’m not even sure how I feel.

I guess that shouldn't surprise me. I am, after all, an introvert.

I need time with just me and my thoughts, to reflect, and sort through the jumble of expectations in my head.

As I approached this milestone birthday, many thoughts flitted through my mind. Honestly, they weren’t all pleasing to my self-esteem. Many of them began with ‘shouldn’t I’. Shouldn’t I be further along by now? Shouldn’t I have it all figured out? Shouldn’t I be more at ease with myself?

‘Shouldn’t I’ questions never offer congratulatory remarks. Instead, they mock and taunt and remind me of what I haven’t done or how I wish I could feel.

Sometimes, I guess, I think too much of myself.

Then I wondered, “Does God celebrate birthdays?”

I know; I think too much.

But the good thing is—it got me to switch my focus from me.

And when I looked up . . . I found oh so many reasons to celebrate. The ‘shouldn’t I’ questions didn’t stand a chance.

I am so incredibly blessed, and the best part—it has nothing to do with me.

When I think of all the milestones in my life, I see God’s gracious hand over them all.

He is truly the God of all my days: ordinary days, sad days, mountaintop days, and yes, even milestone birthdays.

I can’t imagine life without Him.

I think of His mercy each time I stumble, how He picks me up and assures me it’s okay.

I feel His comfort through the valleys, His strength lifting me up, and His love that keeps on loving no matter how unloving and unlovable I tend to be.

I’m blown away by all the good gifts He showers on me.

And I appreciate His incredible patience with me when I struggle to believe who He says I am.

Oh, so many reasons to celebrate . . . to live amazed every single day!


To mark this season of celebration, I’m thrilled to announce the upcoming release of ‘Live Amazed – Embracing the Gifts of God in Longing, Loss, and Life’, a thirty-day devotional that celebrates who God is!

God blossomed a tiny seed of a dream that He planted in my heart many seasons ago. A desire to write. All in His time and by His plan.

Live Amazed invites us to look beyond our secret longings, staggering losses, and day-to-day worries to savor God’s unending goodness, love, mercy, and power . . . to marvel at God! Through scripture and real-life struggles, these daily reflections guide us to embrace what is already ours through Christ. Included are thought-provoking questions that guide us to peace within our longings, remind us of hope inside our deepest losses, and pour grace over circumstances that threaten to define our lives.

I hope you’ll join me in the celebration and live amazed at our all-powerful Creator.

***************

What about you?
Can you trace the hand of God throughout all your seasons?
There’s cause for celebration in every season, what are you celebrating today?
How can you live amazed right now, right where you are?

***************


For more information about ‘Live Amazed – Embracing the Gifts of God in Longing, Loss, and Life’ click here.


Grace and peace to you,
Carlie

12 comments:

  1. I am beyond thrilled and celebrating right alongside you, Carlie!!! I know you'd rather stay in the background but this is what makes this more amazing. God is doing His work in your life and He wants others to know about it, to be inspired, to live amazed.
    Isn't that beautiful?

    Happy birthday, my sister!
    Blessings in abundance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marv! So appeciate all that you do to support me!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Carlie! May you continue to live amazed in all the days to come.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Martha! Blessings to you, my friend!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I had a milestone birthday this year too. And at first it felt hard. Then it felt like a blessing. (With some hard moments mixed in!) God is so good to persist and keep me looking to Him!

    Congrats on your book! It looks like an amazing resource to remind us to CELEBRATE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! And thanks for understanding just how I feel! AS we keep looking at Him, we have so many reasons to celebrate.

      Delete
  4. I just had a bday myself and enjoyed a look at your inner thoughts about yours. Visiting you from the tune in thurs link up. laurensparks.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy belated birthday, Lauren! Hope you're still celebrating! Thanks for visting today!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your devotional, Carlie! Sharing on Pinterest and Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah! I really appreciate your support!

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday & congratulations! God is incredibly amazing in His kindness to us & relentless!
    I have experienced this first hand when I first lost my daughter to stillbirth,then 12 months later lost my son & then later lost my sweet gentle husband to brain cancer.

    Yes His kindness & gentleness are indeed amazing.
    You're most welcome to join me in a cuppa at Tea With Jennifer, :-D
    Blessings,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! You've been through some hard times; I'm grateful you felt God's kindness through them all.

      Delete

If this post speaks to you, please feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you. You can log-in using one of the pull-down options or comment as anonymous.